Presidents Charity 2017/18
Bowel cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the UK today affecting around 1 in 19 women and 1 in 14 men. According to cancer research UK there are now more than 41,900 new cases of bowel cancer being diagnosed each year. If diagnosed at an early stage bowel cancer can be treated successfully in over 90% of cases. In spite of this bowel cancer remains the UK`s second biggest cancer killer claiming a life every half an hour.
Beating Bowel Cancer is the support, and campaigning, charity for everyone affected by bowel cancer.
- It provides practical and emotional support for the growing number of people affected by bowel cancer
- It brings people with bowel cancer together to share experiences and create a powerful voice for change
- It promotes early diagnosis.
- It campaigns for the highest quality treatment and care for bowel cancer patients.
- It raises money to fund this vital work
Its vision is : A world where bowel cancer is beaten
Its mission is : Beating bowel cancer together
I have personal experience of this charity, and have benefited from its services, so I’m extremely proud to support it through my term of office.
Further details can be found here: https://www.beatingbowelcancer.org
Chris Beer (President)