Archie Fox Juniors Captain
We welcome all beginner and experienced junior golfers to the club. The main aims are for juniors to learn and enjoy the game and to understand and support golf etiquette. There is a structured programme of tuition and supervised playing for beginners in our Golf Academy. The more experienced juniors play in a range of informal, club and county junior competitions through the year.
Falmouth Golf Club has a well-developed Safeguarding Policy in place for all junior players, a summary of which can be viewed here. Junior golf at Falmouth enjoys good support from club volunteers. All parents and carers, whether golfers or not, are strongly encouraged to be involved.
Activities in the Golf Academy include:
- Group tuition on Saturday mornings throughout the year with the club professional, alternating between the club coaching facility and Falmouth Pitch and Putt (adjacent to the club)
- Regular (typically weekly) supervised 9 to 12 hole Stableford competitions on the main course on Wednesday evenings in Summer and Sunday afternoons in Winter (changing with the clocks). Play is from either red tees or from 150 yds markers.
- Regular (typically monthly) supervised 18 hole Stableford competitions on the main course for the better Academy players with play from the red or yellow tees.
- Tuition over a complete range of key skills, with the club professional, typically in groups of 4, for 1 hour sessions held over 8 weeks.
Activities for juniors with CONGU handicaps (28 and below for boys and 36 and below for girls) include:
- Regular junior club competitions, many of which have cups and “ names on the boards” for the winners. Some competitions have been held for over 40 years.
- Matches against other Cornwall clubs in leagues and knock-out match play
- County representation
- Playing in numerous adult club competitions
- Individual and group tuition with the club professional and other county professionals